DEKALB COUNTY

posted : Apr 08, 2016

SEEKING RE-ELECTION, Tom Taylor faces Tom Owens in the May 24 Republican primary for House District 79. After REFUSING to comply with a field sobriety test, State Representative Tom Taylor of Dunwoody is arrested. Calls for his resignation.

Georgia State Rep. Tom Taylor was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. he was stopped by the police for speeding, driving 72 mph in a 45 mph zone with four - Under age - juveniles in his car.

By: The Staff Reporters of Georgia Weekly Post.

Arrest Photo. State Rep. Tom Taylor, R-Dunwoody, chairman of the Legislature’s MARTA oversight committee. He faces Tom Owens in the May 24 Republican primary for House District 79.

SEEKING RE-ELECTION, Tom Taylor faces Tom Owens in the May 24 Republican primary for House District 79. After REFUSING to comply with a field sobriety test,  State Representative Tom Taylor of Dunwoody is arrested. Calls for his resignation.

Georgia State Rep. Tom Taylor was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in Rabun County. Georgia Weekly Post spoke to several sources with Clayton Police deprtemnt and was able to confirm the reports. Taylor was arrested after he refused to comply with a field sobriety test.

Many calls for his resignation are made by many in Dunwoody, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Doraville, Sandy Springs Dekalb county  including Paul Maner - a candidate for state Senate - and  many more on the social media. Maner is trying to unseat Fran Millar.

"According to reports. Rep. Taylor and his wife have lost their ability to host foreign exchange students. It looks like the minor children have been REMOVED from their home, and they have become disqualified from the program." said Paul Maner to Georgia Weekly Post.

"WHY hasn't my opponent  -  State Senator Fran Millar - spoken out about this serious issue before? I can't answer. What I can answer is that he definately knew about the alcohol problem, and never said anything about it. Which is shameful." he added.

Candidate for State Senate Paul Maner. " "WHY hasn't my opponent - State Senator Fran Millar - spoken out about this serious issue before? I can't answer. What I can answer is that he definately knew about the alcohol problem, and never said anything about it. Which is shameful." he said.

Georgia State Rep. Tom Taylor is a former memebr of the City Council of the City of Dunwoody, DeKalb County. He ran for office replacing Fran Millar who moved up to the State Senate.  Both worked as a team.

State House Rep. Tom Taylor, R-Dunwoody, a member of Dekalb GOP, is the chairman of the Legislature’s MARTA oversight committee.

Taylor faces Tom Owens in the May 24 Republican primary for House District 79.

State Representative Tom Taylor, 54, married, a Dunwoody Republican, had a blood-alcohol content of .225, nearly three times the legal limit of .08, according to information provided by Clayton Police Department to Georgia Weekly Post including local and state wide press reports.

Taylor - left - is a former memebr of the City Council of the City of Dunwoody, DeKalb County. He ran for office replacing Fran Millar - above - who moved up to the  Georgia State Senate. Tom Talor is facing many calls for his resignation. Both Taylor and Millar - above - are seeking re-elaction at the present time. Both are members of DeKalb GOP

Representative Taylor did not return calls made by Georgia Weekly Post. According to police sources and local media reports, State Representative Tom Taylor was stopped close to three in the afternoon, Thursday,  April 7 for speeding,  driving 72 mph in a 45 mph zone with four - under age - juveniles in his car.

Tom Owens, Candidate for Georgia State representative. Tom Taylor faces Tom Owens in the May 24 Republican primary for House District 79.

Clayton Police Officer Michael Bennett reported that Taylor exited his vehicle and was legally carrying a gun on his hip. Bennett said Taylor had “an overwhelming odor of alcohol,” but denied that he had anything to drink.

Tom Taylor faces Tom Owens in the May 24 Republican primary for House District 79. "As your representative I will speak out. I am open, approachable, and willing to discuss reasonable solutions the problems our district and state are facing with clear, sober judgement. I WILL NOT sit quietly while conditions worsen. I will take action for YOU!

In my opponent's tenure he has opposed and/or remained silent on key issues that have plagued our community and state. Additionally, my opponent is not in a position to effectively help the citizens of district 79. In light of his recent radical behavior and resulting DUI, he clearly needs to focus on helping himself.' he said.

"I'm a proud United States Army veteran of three wars and a graduate of Georgia State University. I am a successful Real Estate broker and a lifelong resident of DeKalb County. I am ready to work hard as your representative." he told his supporter in response to mail-out by Tom Taylor.

news.desk@georgiaweeklypost.com

www.facebook.com/georgiaweeklypost

Next News

Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 Next ›
/ 1