DUNWOODY

posted : Aug 16, 2015

THERE IS A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK!

A resident of Dunwoody brings his publishing to home. "Dunwoody Dispatch" is a new addition to the already crowded news stand.

By: The Staff Reporters of Georgia Weekly Post

▲"I see that sign every day on my way home. It reminds me to take care of my gardens," she said.

Janet Jubilee is a resident of the City of  Dunwoody.

She is a publisher for many years. She got into the Media as a photographer. "That was the bug," she said.
She dreamed and worked hard to own her own newspaper.  She did it.

Over many years she published seven newspapers.

In Dunwoody, she enjoyed her quit life and being among her friends in Church every Sunday.

She likes green Dunwoody.  She reminded this reporter with a sign at the entrance of the city.  "I see that sign every day on my way home. It reminds me to take care of my gardens," she said.

She loves gardening and cats. She likes landscaping her extended yard. She is most admired by her neighbors for the work done and the improvements to her garden.

"It is a lot of work. It is still a work in progress. My neighbors love what I am doing. One of them is making a drawing," she said.

Her publishing work keeps her busy for many hours.

She prints seven different newspapers, serving several communities. She has the same staff, reporters, editors for many years.

Now she loves to bring her publishing closer to home, to Dunwoody. Many of her advertisers want to go to Dunwoody. She plans to print 30,000 copies, "maybe more," she said.

She believes that "there is room for more newspapers in print. I know the other publishers. They know me too," she said as she was overseeing her workers planting new flowers at her front yard.

She is having her staff get another newspaper ready for Dunwoody, carrying it's name. "It is a lot of work. Many hours. Get ready," she said saying the new name of "Dunwoody Dispatch."  It is her brain child. 

▲"My staff are busy preparing it's first edition for the newsstands, come September," she told Georgia Weekly Post.

"My staff are busy preparing it's first edition for the newsstands, come September," she told Georgia Weekly Post.

Her publications, printed on white paper, black and white, no colors, covers events and light stories, reports of the surrounding communities including Decatur, Tucker, Norcross, Brookhaven and Midtown among others.

"They are non-political or I should say we are non-political," she said.

Jubilee is a regular church gower. She has many friends. She likes having many of her friends over for parties. Janet Jubilee does not smoke or drink.  She loves her cats.

Erica Techo is the editor. Paul Hudson,Steve Kilbride,Dean Hesse, Dick Funderburke, Deanna Cauthen, Joy Johnson and Ray Macon are among her contribting writers.

news.desk@georgiaweeklypost.com 

Next News

Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 Next ›
/ 1