BUCKHEAD

posted : Aug 07, 2015

The hour is very late beyond the bedtime of those in Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven and Johns Creek. It is breakfast time Saturday morning in Paris.

Saturday, after meeting with Ted Cruz , Mike Huckabee, Jeb Bush, and Donald Trump, they needed a break and Red Martini is the top choice according the doormen of the hotels in the area.

By: Kimberly Marie Halter

For: Georgia Weekly Post

Kimberly Marie Halter, Editor, Society and Fashions News for Georgia Weekly Post  

Buckhead is known for being the upper east-side of Atlanta. 

Mega mansions, expensive divorce lawyers, high-rise condominiums with breathtaking views of the bright lights, beautiful people, fast cars, high end shopping, night clubs opened beyond Johns Creek's bedtime, many well secured five stars hotels and a new place - named after a night spot  in Paris - called "Red Martini." 

Waiting in line at the door is expected. I am a reporter. I was able to get in ahead of the line.

Beautiful women at the door. Music is rocking the floor.  A young woman-DJ is busy with her flashing electronics and dancing with the music. The sounds and the lights are good. The place extends to the back, way back.  This place, looking at the people, is for the 30-somethings or 40-somethings. 

Red Martini has a large terrace at the entrance, toward the left and goes around the club. Hostesses are dressed in black. Very polite. Everyone is dressed to kill. Correction, dressed to destroy!

I was looking for the owners.  I am his critic tonight.

He did not expect me but his staff are looking for him.

One appeared later to greet me and make sure that the birthday part for one of his friends will go as expected.

Most are tall and slim.  They look like those girls of Korea Air.

I counted two bars. I saw a sushi bar too. Many people.

Ages are mature. few in the middle age, and I am including one secret service agent. I asked him, "was that for me?" and told him that I didn't need protections. He smiled and said nothing to me. Stone faced, he does not like me! I am looking for the birthday boy. I found him all dressed up.

If you visited Red Martini on a Friday night, You will notice several hundred visitors  - tonight - including several members of the U.S. Secret service protecting a VIP who stopped by for a beer and R&R.  

Sarah Taylor, 30, a native American from Tennessee, took on the "Hooka"

Few friends including Joe Ryan, the managing General Partner and Rusty Newport of 33events picked up the idea while on a visit to Paris, France.

They liked what they saw in Paris and brought the idea home.  Whitney Freeman took on the job of a server among many beautiful hostesses.

The 5-11 tall marketing manager had no problem serving a conservative governor under the eyes of his secret service.

Many of the conservative leaders were having their political event at the Intercontinental Hotel up the road.

"Red State" Republican conservatives - conference is bringing several thousands of visitors to Buckhead. This is their second day in Buckhead.  

They spent their day with Bobby Jindal, Marco Rubio, Pete Ricketts and Carly fiorina.

Saturday, after meeting with Ted Cruz , Mike Huckabee, Jeb Bush, and Donald Trump, they needed a break and Red Martini is the top choice according the doormen of the hotels in the area.

Many came to check out, few non-political beautues and talk to the natives of Bulkhead. I saw several of them here.

A section was full of men from Washington D.C. They belong to an un-named foundation.

I am a smoker. Yes I am.  I cannot smoke inside the club. Red Martini offered those smokers  - like me - a terrace of their own. Sarah Taylor, 30, a native American from Tennessee,  took on the "Hooka". It is as close to a native american smoke as she can get. We had a pow wow, she and me. She is tall and pretty.

Judy - didn't want her husband to know she was out on the town after a formal dinner party - dressed in white - showed her Oscar de la Renta in a full length.  

Jennie May, 32, a mother of two, in the middle of having her third divorce from her NASA's much older husband. The tall brunette lives in a mansion in the better part of Bulkhead. She went to Red Martini to forget her troubles and hang out with friends.

A polo instructor invited many of her friends to Red Martini for motivation. Heather Hutchins, 46, is preparing a polo event in the Atlanta area before the years end. "Women will challenge men in a game of Polo. This will be exciting," she said.

The big event of the night was a birthday celebration for one of the most popular events producers in Bulkhead. Simmy Ahluwalia, single, in his 40's was the center of the attraction at Red Martini Friday night.

Surrounded by many of his friends, most if not all are females, and admirers he poped open a bottle of Champagne around midnight.

▲Simmy was surrounded by many Buckhead society ladies including Kelly Sanders, Carla Galindo, Kristin Thomson. Ahluwalia is a young businessman. He comes from a wealthy family. He is part Indian, according to his friends. This photo was taken by Paul Biagui.

Popping is a big deal with security. That attracted the attentions of several members of the secret service while protecting a conservative VIP.  

Simmy was surrounded by many Buckhead society ladies including Kelly Sanders, Carla Galindo, Kristin Thomson.  Ahluwalia is a young businessman.

Whitney Freeman took on the job of a server among many beautiful hostesses. The 5-11 tall marketing manager had no problem serving a conservative governor under the eyes of his secret service. A martini at hand. Befitting!

He comes from a wealthy family. He is part indian, according to his friends. 

This reporter had to leave. Valet parking was accommodating.

Little money for Buckhead parking.  

The hour is very late beyond the bedtime of those many friends i know in Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Brookhaven and Johns Creek.

It is breakfast time Saturday morning in Paris.  

I will look for a less expensive flight to Paris.

I want to see Paris again. Oh,la,la,la!

kimberly.halter@georgiaweeklypost.com 

Next News

Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 Next ›
/ 1