LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

posted : May 24, 2016

My journey on the campaign trail to earn a seat at the Georgia Public Service Commission.

▲Michelle Miller. " A little over two years ago, I began my journey on the campaign trail to earn a seat at the Georgia Public Service Commission."

For nearly two years now, I have woken up every day with one sure thing on my mind: How can I make Georgia a better place to live for everyone. A little over two years ago, I began my journey on the campaign trail to earn a seat at the Georgia Public Service Commission.

We ran a hard race and met some really great people during this campaign. I want to first start by congratulating Tim Echols on a well-run, and a positive race. I have spoken to Tim and I look forward to working with him in the future on anything he may need me for. Tim is a good man and of very respectable character and I wish him well as he continues to serve on the Georgia Public Service Commission.

Next, I want to thank the tens of thousands of people who invested in me by hearing my message and voting for me today. While the results were not in our favor tonight, I am content in knowing that God has blessed me with experiences I would not have ever imagined to have seen. I have learned more in this race than many experiences in my life and for that I am ever grateful to the people of Georgia and those who have supported and prayed for me throughout.

After traveling to every corner of this beautiful state I have learned one thing: this state is stronger than ever and has many great things to do in the future.

From the falls at Panther Creek, to Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain; from the Okefenokee Swamp to Bellwood Quarry—this is a great state and it is my true home. I love the people of Georgia and I love the things that I have learned from them. 

One thing is for certain, however, this conservative Georgian is here to stay. I am ever faithful in this party and believe in it through and through. As Ronald Reagan once said, “There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.“  I will place no constraints on myself, build no walls around my spirit, and erect no barriers in the progress I hope to see come from the experiences of which I have learned.

I am proud of the race that I ran, and I look forward to what the future holds for me in Georgia. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.” – Abraham Lincoln 

Best Wishes,

Michelle Miller
Warner Robins, GA

editor@georgiaweeklypost.com

www.facebook.com/georgiaweeklypost.  

Next News

Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 ... 2 Next ›
/ 2