LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

posted : Apr 30, 2016

Resign and get help!

When someone has been arrested 3 times the legal limit, with 4 minor children, especially that aren't your own (foreign exchange students), with a gun, and driving almost twice the speed limit; HOW does one defend this behavior?

Paul Maner, candidate for State Senate seat 40. In the year of the outsiders, Maner is seeking to unseat Millar.

With the recent ARREST of  State Rep. Tom Taylor, and his friends and political allies trying to cover for him; I was thinking about this:

Isa 5:11 Woe to those who rise early in the morning, That they may follow intoxicating drink; Who continue until night, till wine inflames them! 
Isa 5:12 The harp and the strings, The tambourine and flute, And wine are in their feasts; But they do not regard the work of the LORD, Nor consider the operation of His hands. 

When someone has been arrested 3 times the legal limit, with 4 minor children, especially that aren't you own (foreign exchange students), with a gun, and driving almost twice the speed limit; HOW does one defend this behavior? 

It's completely obvious Rep. Taylor has a problem. What kind of "friends" does he surround himself with? A real friend tries to get one help, when needed. No? 

At The Dunwoody Homeowner Association, State Representative Tom Taylor - left - joined by State Senator Fran Millar. Both are seeking re-elections.

It's obvious to me he doesn't have the friends he thinks he has. My opponent, his CLOSEST "friend" is trying to cover for him for political power, and gain. Why hasn't my opponent asked for his "friend" to resign, and encourage him to get help. My opponent  - Senator Fran Millar - has known of his alcoholism for many many years. It's very easy to look at Rep. Taylor, and see alcoholism in his complexion.

The Dunwoody Homeowner Association President - Robert Wittenstein, is also trying to cover for his

Robert Wittenstein, President of Dunwoody Homeowners Association

"friend". Why? Don't friends help friends? This is really bizarre behavior.

Isa 5:14 Therefore Sheol has enlarged itself And opened its mouth beyond measure; Their glory and their multitude and their pomp, And he who is jubilant, shall descend into it. 

Isa 5:15 People shall be brought down, Each man shall be humbled, And the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled.

I'm concerned, because this behavior can't continue, and gain any respect for the people they (Rep. Taylor, Sen. Millar) are suppose to represent. 

Whether you're a bible believing Christian or not, these principles are widely accepted by mankind. All faiths, including the atheist faith believes in these principles.

2Co 4:4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. 

Those who would defend Rep. Taylor's behavior are blinded by evil, and while they profess to be "Christians", they certainly aren't acting like it.

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. 

It's obvious this isn't a problem just for our time. It's been a problem for mankind since the beginning of time. It's very clear,  State Rep. Tom Taylor, and his Senate counterpart, my opponent  -  State Senator Fran Millar - have destroyed any trust and credibility they once had in the people they were suppose to represent. They have obviously rejected any Christian values they claim to espouse. 

Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 
Joh 3:20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 

It's also obvious, by their actions, they love the darkness the world provides. I thought Christians were suppose to be examples for the world, and be a light. No? I thought elected officials were to be a light to their community they are suppose to represent. No? I really pray for both of them to do the right thing, and just resign, and get the help they desperately need.

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 

People of District 40, it's time to withdraw any fellowship we have with these two. For those who continue to defend their behavior, please take notice, people are watching. We are looking to see who will stand for right, and who will fall for wrong.

It is obvious Rep. Tom Taylor, and Sen. Fran Millar can't make good judgments, and are out of touch with their constituents, and they need to go. It's very clear both have no influence in State Government any longer. The last two years they didn't accomplish anything productive for DeKalb County, or District 40. 

It's shameful when your colleagues in the State Senate refer to you as Shah Millar. Dunwoody, and District 40 needs a leader who can get things done, and work with others, and treat others with the respect they deserve.

Paul D. Maner

editors@georgiaweeklypost.com

www.facebook.com/georgiaweeklypost 

Next News

Board Pagination ‹ Prev 1 ... 2 Next ›
/ 2